Mindfulness & Compassion – Complete Course (distance learning with phone support)
DISTANCE LEARNING – 8 Week Course – Mindfulness & Compassion
In response to people unable to attend group learning courses I have developed a programme that can be undertaken from your home or workplace.
Outline of the course
To provide an opportunity for learners to develop the awareness, understanding and skills needed to:
- face their own suffering and the suffering of others
- take appropriate action to alleviate the suffering in themselves and others
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Explain why self-compassion training is importance and show how this connects with neuroscience
- Describe the 3 emotion regulatory systems and how these can be balanced by compassion training
- Outline the stress reaction cycle and the use of compassion training, including pitfalls and misunderstandings
- List the attributes and skills of compassion and explain how mindfulness can be used to develop them
- Address overidentification and disidentification
- Describe how to practice kindness to different aspects of self and different categories of other
- Outline what is meant by “common humanity”
- Describe what is meant by “forgiveness”
- List what brings joy and happiness in life
- Describe how emotion regulation systems connect with motivation
- Outline how to bring compassion for self and others into daily lives
- Explain how compassion supports the healing process
- Develop strategies that support ongoing practice of mindfulness-based compassion
The standard cost of the course is £ 300.00. This covers the cost of:
- An initial assessment via telephone or Skype so that the course delivery can be adapted to your needs
- Assessments of your levels of mindfulness at the start and end of the course
- A comprehensive pack of materials that include information and activity sheets and recorded mediation guidance
- Weekly 45 minute telephone/Skype contact with Maureen O’Callaghan
The main advantage of distance training and mentoring is that it allows you to fit your learning around your work and home life.
- You can usually also set your own pace of study.
- It is your decision as to when and where you study.
- It doesn’t matter where you live – you can study anywhere in the world.
We recognise the downside is that you will not have the advantage of studying with and learning from other course members. To avoid any feelings of isolation we provide an opportunity for you to join an online community and take part in virtual forums and discussion groups. You will also have weekly sessions with Maureen, an experienced mindfulness practitioner and qualified mindfulness teacher and you can contact her between sessions by e mail for advice.
To enrol on the Distance Learning programme please initially contact Maureen by email email@example.com or call 07939 845920
MINDFULNESS TELEPHONE MENTORING SESSIONS
These sessions allow you to work flexibly, exploring mindfulness in a way that suits you, whether you’re new to mindfulness or have an established practice. There’s time to reflect on the challenges in your life and explore how mindfulness can help you respond more helpfully and cope better. These 45 minute sessions include therapeutic information giving, an opportunities for facilitated personal reflections and guided meditation practices.
Cost: £50.00 per session
There is a 10% discount for booking and pre-payment of 5 sessions
DISTANCE LEARNING TEACHER/MENTOR
Maureen O’Callaghan has a well-established personal mindfulness practice, she has been meditating for over 30 years and has been practicing mindfulness meditation for 15 years. She has a Masters in Mindfulness-Based Approaches from Bangor University. She also has a Certificate in Adult Education and a University Diploma in Mentoring in Education from the University of Bedfordshire. She is a Member of the Chartered Management Institute.