Living and Working Mindfully – Complete Course (distance learning with phone support)
DISTANCE LEARNING – 10 Week Course Living and Working Mindfully
In response to people unable to attend group learning courses I have developed a programme that can be undertaken from your home or workplace.
You will have weekly telephone contact with a qualified and experienced mindfulness teacher and learning mentor who will guide you through the programme. You will also be provided with practice downloads and a comprehensive package of information and activity sheets, including home practice instructions. Home practice is an important aspect of the programme and requires that you commit to around 1 hour each day to:
- Doing the mindfulness practices and recording your experience
- Applying a mindful approach to your day to day activities
Outline of the course
The aim of the programme is for you to develop the awareness, understanding and skills needed to adopt a more mindful approach day to day, both at home and in the workplace.
The programme will help you to:
- Understand your thoughts and emotions and how to handle them better
- Develop self-care strategies that improve both you physical and mental health and wellbeing
- Adopt a less stressful approach to dealing with problems by relating to problems differently
- Engage with your day to day experiences in ways that improve your performance, this includes improved focus and concentration
- Interact with family, friends and colleagues in ways that help to build and maintain positive relationships
- Successfully integrate mindfulness- based approaches into your home and working life
Please note: The programme can be challenging as you will be encouraged to focus on unpleasant and difficult aspects of your life. You will not have the opportunity to discuss any past or current personal problems that are not related to the practices so if you need this type of support you are advised to work individually with a therapist or other appropriate support.
The standard cost of the course is £ 350.00. This covers the cost of:
Initial telephone orientation session with your mindfulness teacher/learning mentor
- 11 x 45minute weekly telephone calls
- Telephone or e mail support between sessions
- A workbook containing comprehensive range of information and activity sheets and practice guidance (200 pages)
- Access to practice downloads
DISTANCE LEARNING TEACHER/MENTOR
Maureen O’Callaghan has a well-established personal mindfulness practice, she has been meditating for over 30 years and has been practicing mindfulness meditation for 15 years. She has a Masters in Mindfulness-Based Approaches from Bangor University. She also has a Certificate in Adult Education and a University Diploma in Mentoring in Education from the University of Bedfordshire. She is a Member of the Chartered Management Institute.
To enrol on the Distance Learning programme please initially contact Maureen by e mail email@example.com or call 07939 845920
Please allow 24 hours to receive your login details to the e-learning courses / modules after ordering. All e-learning courses are located on our own Talent LMS. We can also provide these as SCORM Content packages to reside on your own LMS please contact us for details.